Pages

Sunday, April 1, 2012

The all powerful and life altering rite of passage...

How many of you out there have googled yourselves?  I'm sure that most of us are guilty of doing this at least once in our lives.  Just out of curiosity, of course.  Well,  being the dork that I am I did it today.  No, this isn't the first time, but it is the first time I had a reason for doing it.  And even more exciting than that something actually came up that pertained to me.  Yay!!  April 17th is ticking closer and closer.  I've been doing all of this stuff for the upcoming release of my first novel, Tears in the Rubble, blogging, promoting, talking about it incessantly.  I'm excited and I just can't seem to help myself.  I want everyone to know about it.  I want to share my story and characters with EVERYONE.  Then I started thinking what if it isn't doing me any good?  I'm telling random people about my book even if they haven't asked. What if they don't remember the title?  Or my name?  Telling people may be somewhat pointless if they can't sit down at their computer and look up the information.  So, I googled.  (I'm sure it isn't lost on everyone else that googled has become an acceptable verb)  First, I tried my name and then the title of my novel.  Much to my surprise there were results to both.  (Insert celebrating here)  Then it hit me. My name can be found on various websites now.  My publishers page, my blog, a review site, and Facebook.  My name isn't only on these sites, it's on them as an author.  A real life soon to be published author.  It's next to a book cover and a blurb about a novel.  I can't even begin to describe the feeling.  I'm nervous and so excited!  I can't wait for the next step in this adventure.  It's sometimes surprising the paths life can send you down.

No comments:

Post a Comment