Pages

Friday, April 14, 2017

5 years later ...

As I sit here just days before my 5 year publishing anniversary, I realize how far things have come, how much I've learned, and how much my writing has changed and grown. As much a I write for you, my readers, I write mostly for me.

I write because I can't ... not.

I write because it's part of who I am.

I've watched the publishing industry change over the last few years and I'm so glad to be a part of it.

Once upon a time, Tears in the Rubble was a couple hundred words, a story about a boy and a girl and a barn that held meaning for both of them. 

My bestie, Kate Roth (if you haven't checked out her books you should), and I used to get together every Tues. We'd watch Gossip Girl and TrueBlood and drink wine. We'd talk about our writing and eventually we decided we wanted to challenge ourselves a bit. Get out of the box so to speak. We came up with these writing exercises for each other. They were random and short.

I'm not even sure what the exercise was now but that's where the idea for Tears in the Rubble came from. It's a sweet story about two childhood friends who love each other. Since then I've written angst, sexy, emotional, and funny. I think I even have a paranormal up my sleeve.

For now though you can grab my first book for just 99 cents!




Layla Swanson is terrified of getting stuck in her small town, Hollow Oaks.  So, she’s made a plan.  Graduate her tiny high school, go to college away from home, and get her dream job.  She’s studied hard and devoted her high school career to reaching her goal. 

Graduation is just around the corner, and Layla is faced with the only person who could ever throw a wrench in her plan, Taylor Scott.  He’s her childhood best friend and despite the years since they’ve been close he knows her better than anyone else.  A chance meeting leads them down a road Layla never imagined. 

Now, Layla has to choose between her longtime plan to get away from Hollow Oaks and the one who’s captured her heart.





  Amazon





Who knows what's coming next? I have a whole bunch of stories just sitting on my laptop waiting to see the light of day. For now, I just want to thank you all. Thank you for letting me live my dream.

Don't forget to wish Tears in the Rubble a happy birthday on the 17th!!





No comments:

Post a Comment