Pages

Saturday, April 29, 2017

Cabin in the Mountains

Sounds like a horror movie, right?

Well it wasn't, it was just a little get away. I spent the weekend in Gatlinurg, TN. It was the first time I'd been there. I have to say I was pretty impressed with the Smoky Mountains. It was so pretty.

Our cabin was up on a mountain. The only way to get there involved a windy gravel road. My bf suddenly thought he was a race car driver and I spend the last leg of the trip tightly gripping the door handle.

Have I mentioned I'm afraid of heights?

But we made it.

My best friend Google told me the Cherokee called them "place of blue smoke"  And now I know why. I think my favorite thing was watching the fog move through the mountains and dissipate in the morning.


I was amazed by the amount of people roaming the streets when we went into town. It made me happy though. After the recent fire that took out so much of Gatlinburg I wondered if they were suffering and was glad to see they weren't. The darkened and damaged spots high above the town did make me sad. I tried to get some pictures but they didn't turn out very well.

But I got plenty from the deck on our cabin.


Night view


Here are a few things I learned in Gatlinburg ...

1: Flavored vodka can sneak up on you
2: You can fit 8 people into a 4 person hot tub (the water will just spill over the edge)
3: Kilwin's has delicious ice cream and it smells like waffle cones in their store
4: Tennessee squirrels are small and gray unlike the fat red ones in Indiana
5: Wild turkeys are giant and like to hang out in driveways


What do your squirrels look like?

No comments:

Post a Comment