Pages

Sunday, September 16, 2012

So What if I Think the Capital of SC is Charleston...


I recently took a trip to Myrtle Beach and had a blast.  It was my first time there.  It was actually my first time in South Carolina.  Some friends got married on the beach giving us all an excuse to have some fun and take a trip.

We headed out late on Wednesday night in our rented Town & Country and I have to say that I momentarily wanted to own a minivan.  It had all kinds of awesome features including two DVD players and built in navigation.  So off we go on our twelve hour drive.  We made it safely and the drive went smoothly.  I was so excited to sink my toes in the sand and feel the ocean breeze on my face.

There's just something about the beach and the ocean that I can't describe.  Something about it that makes me feel at ease.  I don't worry when I'm there.  It may be the fact that I'm usually on vacation when I'm at the beach but I think its more than that.  There's something serene and soothing about the salty air, the waves crashing, and the sand between your toes.  Plus there's always the sunshine.  Needless to say I soaked up as many rays as I could, enjoyed some delicious drink, and spent time with some great friends.  And last but not least celebrated the marriage of two great people.

For the record the capital of South Carolina is Columbia.  What can I say I was never good at that stuff.  Plus its been a while...

Congrats again to Mr. and Mrs. Limeberry!  Wishing you all the best!


1 comment:

  1. Aww thank you for sharing in our day! Wouldn't be a celebration without all of you

    ReplyDelete