Pages

Sunday, March 25, 2012

A Little about Tears in the Rubble...



            Love is hard, right?  And most of us aren’t that great at just going with the flow.  At some point we start to worry about what’s going to happen, or we start fighting what feels instinctive.  Why do we do this?  Maybe it’s natural to want to resist something that feels so easy.  I don’t know.  I only know I’m guilty too. 

When I started writing this story I had a completely different idea for it than what I ended up with.  I wanted it to be real, and I didn’t want it to be predictable.  I have to say I grew quite attached to my characters.  Especially Taylor.  Layla and I didn’t always see eye to eye, but we’re okay now.  Yes, they are just like real people to me.

So, Tears in the Rubble is the story of a young couple that seems so perfect to everyone around them. Their struggle not to worry about each others future and not to push away because something feels too right.  It's one characters journey to realizing that life throws you curve balls and it's how you deal with those curve balls that matters.  I hope you enjoy it and I hope you love Taylor as much as I do.


Layla Swanson grew up in the lazy, small town of Hollow Oaks and can’t wait to get out.  She has big dreams and big plans in the big city.  Layla has worked hard and her senior year is nearly at its end.  She can’t wait to go away to college.  And she’s one step closer to getting what she wants. Layla isn’t letting anyone get in her way. 

Taylor Scott may not be your typical country boy, but he doesn’t mind Hollow Oaks.  His dreams may not be marked on paper and set in stone, but it doesn’t mean he doesn’t have them. 

A chance meeting between the two childhood friends may have Layla second guessing her longtime plan. Their rekindled friendship is leading them down a path neither one could have foreseen.  But with Layla leaving for college, many challenges face them, especially when she so stubbornly sticks to her solo plan.

Is Taylor’s love enough to convince Layla to let him in?  Or when everything falls apart, will Layla run away?    


Available April 17, 2012


No comments:

Post a Comment