Pages

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Fangirl For a Day...

I was recently able to go to a signing in Cincinnati for an amazing author and I had a blast.  If you've read The Black Dagger Brotherhood you know who I'm talking about.  JR Ward.  I started reading the series around the time the third book came out (which is my favorite) and I was hooked instantly.  She has another series and also writes under a pen name but I've only read the BDB series. So, of course when I heard she was headed my way I was excited.  Plus, I love a road trip, even if it's only a few hours away.

I was in awe of the amount of people waiting outside.  Capacity for the building was 1200 and I'd have to say it was pretty close to full.  As an author I can't even imagine that.  Any of it.  What an amazing feeling that must be.  Everything was pre-signed due to the amount of people she expected which I was a little sad about but I quickly got over it.  Plus, trying to sign 1200 books day of would be impossible so kudos to her for still signing our books.  After we were in the door and set up with our signed books and bookmarks we waited for the Q & A session to start.

If you've read the books you know the characters are constantly listening to hardcore rap and what do you know that's what was playing overhead as we waiting.  I had to smile at that and immediately want a copy of that playlist.

I don't know what I was expecting but I have to say that what happened when the Q & A started was not it.  It was a good surprise though.  JR Ward was friendly and hilarious.  She didn't stand on a stage or sit behind a table.  She was wandering around the audience and hugging people.  Telling jokes.  And let me just say if I worry about my writer's brain causing ADD I now know that I have nothing to worry about.  That definitely makes me feel better.  It was also reassuring to know that I'm not the only person that thinks the characters in my book are living breathing people.  They live in my head.  And apparently the Brotherhood lives in hers.

It was an amazing day and I can only aspire to ever have half the following that she does.  I was in awe of her.  I can admit that. So I was fangirl...don't judge me. :)

Once again thanks to everyone that has read my books, will read my books, and to everyone that has supported me along the way!!


No comments:

Post a Comment