Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Plans for the New Year...

I have to start this off by saying I'm not big on New Year's resolutions.  I kind of feel like it's setting myself up for failure.  I very rarely go through with them.  Most of the time I don't even make it out of January with them still intact.  I always have goals though.  Things in the back of my mind I know I want to do.

So, what are my plans for the new year?

I want to finish my current WIP (work in progress).  It was my NaNoWrMo project.  I didn't make the required 50,000 words to submit it and win, but I did come up with about 40,000 words.  Not too bad.  And it got me actually moving on a idea that was around before Tears in the Rubble.  I've been going back through and editing what I wrote during November and filling in the gaps where I jumped ahead.  I should be done with that soon and then I can really get to work on writing the end.  I'd really like have it out in the earlier part of the year.

I'd like to be better with my time management.  Now, considering all the things I do, a full time job, a part time job, writing, and working for my publisher, plus everyday things, I don't do too horribly.  But when it's all said and done I feel like I never stop.  I'm constantly on the go and pushing things to the side so I can get other things done.  Don't get me wrong I love my life, but sometimes I just want to sit down.

I want to enjoy my life and my time.  I'm surrounded by great friends and family and I want spend as much time as possible with them.  What's the point in working hard if you can't have fun too?  This goes back to time management I suppose.

I want to worry less.  I'm a worrier by nature and it seems there is always something new to worry about.  Hey, this might free up some time too.

What are you plans or resolutions for the new year?

No comments:

Post a Comment