Pages

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Lived and Learned

3 years...

That's how long I've been doing this writing thing. I love it. I still can't believe I do this for a job. I'm so incredibly thankful for everyone  that's taken the time to support me, read my books, leave a review, or reach out to me.

I've learned a lot in those 3 years.

The publishing industry has changed a lot since I entered into it. I went into this knowing that not every story is for every person. There will always be someone who hates something and someone who loves it. While I'll admit that sometimes bad reviews bother me I try hard not to let them get me down. Like I said some things just aren't for everyone. So I'll keep doing this. For me as much as for you.

When I first started this journey I was with a small press and I'm now on my own. So I've changed just as much as the industry. It's up to me to make sure my work is ready to go from beginning to end. I'm responsible for all of it. Finding an editor, the perfect cover, formatting, and proofreading as well as marketing. It's all me. My time. My money. My effort. It's been trial and error but I've enjoyed every second of it.

I've said before that every time I write a story I leave a part of myself on the page. That's even more true now. So for everyone that's taken a chance on me ... thank you! You mean more to me than you'll ever know. I'd love to hear from you and I love to read your reviews, good or bad. As long as they're honest I don't care.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment