Pages

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Happy Anniversary to The Low Notes...


Today Kate Roth is stopping by to celebrate the one year anniversary of her debut novel The Low Notes.  I'd also like to congratulate her on her recent contract with Rebel Ink Press for her novel Reckless Radiance.  Congrats and Happy Anniversary Kate!!  Now see what all the fuss is about...

It’s been one year since The Low Notes was released and I still feel like I’m living a dream! I’ve received a ton of awesome reviews for the book and now with my second novel on the horizon it is very clear to me that this job is one I want to do for the rest of my life. Check out what The Low Notes is all about and an excerpt from the novel.

When a chance meeting between high school teacher Kevin Reed and singer Nina Jordan ignites an instant spark, they must decide if it's more important to follow your heart or follow the rules.
After caring for his dying father, Kevin Reed, returns to his hometown of Wexley Falls, bereaved, unemployed and exhausted at the thought of starting a new life. After a failed blind date, Kevin meets young singer Nina Jordan who takes his breath away with the sound of her voice. The connection is instantaneous and mutual on their first date, but both are crestfallen when they discover days later, to their horror, Nina is Kevin's student at the local high school.
Deciphering between notions of love and lust, fate and coincidence, Kevin and Nina find themselves unable to turn their backs on what they can't deny is a once in a lifetime feeling. Told from both perspectives, The Low Notes explores a love that feels right even though it seems wrong.

Excerpt:
Nina stopped by her locker and grabbed one of seven new notebooks she bought for herself the day before. She checked her makeup in the mirror that hung inside the blue metal door. She stared into her own eyes and imagined they were Kevin’s. She couldn’t control her thoughts. Kevin. Kevin, the idiot. Kevin Reed. She snapped herself out of her trance and got back to the task at hand.
She smoothed out her white button-down top with her hands and slammed the locker closed. Glancing at her schedule, she looked only at the room number, B100.
She found B100 and entered the opened door. Students were still jockeying for seats and the class was a little out of order at the moment. She found a seat near the back and started arranging her desk all while wondering where the teacher was. The bell rang just as she heard his voice.
“Sorry I'm late. I'm so glad to have seniors first thing in the morning. You guys can handle me being late. I have a feeling Freshman English will be the death of me. Uh, I realize I'm not Mrs. Oliver. You might have heard she's out on maternity leave and I'm taking over. I'm Mr. Reed,” he said, turning his back to the class, writing his name on the dry erase board.
The sting in her stomach was back but it felt more like a fireball now. Her mind was blank, her mouth gaping as she stared at his back for another moment, praying he wouldn't turn around. She didn't have time to run. She didn't have time to think. In what seemed like slow motion, Kevin turned to face the class with a beaming smile and tears started to well up in Nina's eyes.


You can purchase The Low Notes on Amazon, Barnes & NobleNook and All Romance E-books! And from May 17th to May 19th the e-book version will be on sale for just 99 cents! Find more out about me on my Facebook page www.facebook.com/authorkateroth, Twitter www.twitter.com/katerothwrites  and my blog www.katerothwrites.com

1 comment: